Can Indoor Cats Be Happy??
And here's how to do it...
- Buy your cat toys or make them yourself. Cats love yarn balls,
boxes to hide in, balls with bells in them, and catnip toys.
- Spend time with your cat. You'd be suprised at what a stress reliever
it can be for you too!
- Plant an indoor garden for your cat. Make sure he has his own plants
to play with.
- Set a soft bed in the window so your cat can watch the activities outdoors.
- Try taking your cat outside on a leash. This works better if cats are trained
at a very young age.
- If you have an enclosed sunporch, allow your cat access.
- Get the kids involved. Children can often come up with creative games and toys
to entertain the cat. Be warned though, most cats don't particularly
like being dressed in clothes and bonnets!
For more information about keeping
indoor cats happy, contact the American Bird Conservancy's
"Cats, Indoors!" Program .
Return to "Myths" page.